Fuel Level Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Level Gauge

Today, I started to experience some trouble with the fuel level gauge. I dont know why but the gauge was reading erratically and marking different levels changing just in seconds between each lecture. The car is running perfectly fine, is not giving me any problems at all, the only problem is the gauge.

Can someone tell me, what could it be?

Re: Fuel Level Gauge

Originally posted by jbmetal
    Today, I started to experience some trouble with the fuel level gauge. I dont know why but the gauge was reading erratically and marking different levels changing just in seconds between each lecture. The car is running perfectly fine, is not giving me any problems at all, the only problem is the gauge.

Can someone tell me, what could it be?
    May be something on the sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad
      May be something on the sensor?
      yeah, that's what I thought. But if that's it, where is it located? and please don't tell me it is on the tank, and that I have to buy the hole pump and everything kit.

Comment

yeah, that's what I thought. But if that's it, where is it located? and please don't tell me it is on the tank, and that I have to buy the hole pump and everything kit.
        ITS ON THE TANK!!!! Joking, that I dont know lol **Waits for someone who knows to chime in**

Comment

ITS ON THE TANK!!!! Joking, that I dont know lol **Waits for someone who knows to chime in**
          LOL

I'm really afraid of having to change that entire setup. If that's it, I didn't wanted to change the pump for a factory one, but if I have to buy the entire setup, the walbro will go to the toillet.

Comment

LOL

I'm really afraid of having to change that entire setup. If that's it, I didn't wanted to change the pump for a factory one, but if I have to buy the entire setup, the walbro will go to the toillet.
            I dont think it will be that serious

Comment

I dont think it will be that serious
              Well I read other post. But on that case, the dude's car, the gauge wasn't working at all, and someone told him that he had to change the entire setup, and that was what his mechanic told him.

My car is a 1997 Pontiac Firebird (3.8L).

I hope that it isn't that serious too.

Comment

LOL

yeah, thats what you are gonna have to do.

thats what you need to do in the cases of the fuel gauge quitting working

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro
                  yeah, thats what you are gonna have to do.

thats what you need to do in the cases of the fuel gauge quitting working
                  My fears then have come true. Is it possible that this sensor, can be bought alone, not with the whole assembly?

Comment

you have to buy the hole thing :( best thing to do is look in the for sale are of the V8 boards sometime you can find them on there
                    www.turbov6camaro.com
                    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo V6 Camaro
                      you have to buy the hole thing :( best thing to do is look in the for sale are of the V8 boards sometime you can find them on there
                      And....the sensor connectors are the same on our V6's?

the assembly on a 2002 v6 is different, or at least that was what I saw on www.rockauto.com catalog. Is this correct?, which years can I try to look for?, If v8's are the same sensors and/or pump assembly, which years can I try to look for? etc....

Actually the gauge is working, but it not seems to be on normal working condition. My car is a 1997, and has just 57,300 miles, a ten year sensor wouldn't last that long I think.
                      Last edited by jbmetal; 01-13-2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

dont feel bad, mine does the same thing. i have yet to find an aftermarket sending unit for my car too. anybody know where to locate one for a 94 3.4?

then add the fact that the gauge stops reading between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. dosent mean im out of gas, it just stops reading there.
                        foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                        if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroJeff™
                          dont feel bad, mine does the same thing. i have yet to find an aftermarket sending unit for my car too. anybody know where to locate one for a 94 3.4?

then add the fact that the gauge stops reading between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. dosent mean im out of gas, it just stops reading there.
                          lol mine did that only i didn't and i ran out of gas with a half tank lol (battery was off and it reset my milage on me :rant: :rant:
                          www.turbov6camaro.com
                          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo V6 Camaro
                            lol mine did that only i didn't and i ran out of gas with a half tank lol (battery was off and it reset my milage on me :rant: :rant:
                            Wow, that had to suck

Comment

Today, I connected my car to HP Tuners. I started to figure out if the scanner had some field that could scan the fuel level sensor, and found one. It scans the Fuel Level Sensor Voltage, and when started scanning, I saw that the voltage level was at 0.00V.

So, right now, I'm very sure that the level sensor is f**ked up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X