ac compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ac compressor

is there a way to check and see if it is full of oil?

if it isnt, is there something i can buy to fill it up with? (the compressor is out of the car)

im pretty sure i busted my old one because the oil leaked out, and i dont want the same to happen to the new one

Re: ac compressor

careful with that freon leaking into the air. its bad for us allllllll!!!! your killing the planet! cut it out! were all gunna die!

j/k no but really, bring it to a professional if you arent.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00 View Post
      careful with that freon leaking into the air. its bad for us allllllll!!!! your killing the planet! cut it out! were all gunna die!

j/k no but really, bring it to a professional if you arent.
      well my car uses r134a, which is environmentally friendly.. and not to mention my freon leaked out in the middle of last summer, so i havent had ac since then

i never take my cars to professionals, there is no reason to pay someone to do something that can be done free of labor at my house, and i know the job is being done right

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
        well my car uses r134a, which is environmentally friendly.. and not to mention my freon leaked out in the middle of last summer, so i havent had ac since then

i never take my cars to professionals, there is no reason to pay someone to do something that can be done free of labor at my house, and i know the job is being done right
        r134a isn't exactly environmentally friendly. Its not ozone depleting like R-12, but it is a significant global warming contributor. :spank:

Comment

Originally posted by landj View Post
          r134a isn't exactly environmentally friendly. Its not ozone depleting like R-12, but it is a significant global warming contributor. :spank:
          does that really matter?

mine has already leaked out like i said

Comment

There is a small fill cap toward the center of the compressor. Looks like a bolt that doesn't hold anything.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
              There is a small fill cap toward the center of the compressor. Looks like a bolt that doesn't hold anything.
              cool, how do i know how full it is suppose to be?

if it is empty, what type of oil do i use to refill it?

Comment

PAG oil. You have to look up the amount of oil the system holds. It does not get filled to the top. It's usually a few ounces.
                sigpic

Comment

can ANYONE do me a favor and take a look at the stickers on an extra compressor you have laying around?

my dad wanted me to clean it when i told him no, and he cleaned it, and wiped off the numbers on the sticker that tells how much fluid it takes/what type of fluid

Comment

Oh sure, the blame it on your dad excuse.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                      Oh sure, the blame it on your dad excuse.
                      nah totally serious, he sprayed brake cleaner over it then wiped it off, and the numbers on the sticker wiped off

Comment

lol i was just kiddin, i don't care either way :)

TEAM C6V6

Comment

anyways, can someone take a look at a compressor you may have laying around? (i have seen some on the for sale section)

acdelco sent me an e-mail and they told me to look at the owners manual, because they thought i was talking about engine oil.

Comment

ok, another question.. i went to the parts store today, they looked the oil up for my car, and it came up as PAG 100, which is what i bought

now, acdeco finally told me the right stuff, and it is PAG 46, the stuff that came out of the compressor is much thinner than the other stuff.. is it still ok to use? or should i take it back??

Comment

The stuff that came out is used. I used PAG 100 With my brand new GM compressor and have no issues with it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X