SES Light need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES Light need help

first off, hello. I'm currently getting a SES light. So I hooked up the code reader and received the following code:

P0420

I looked it up in my hanes manual and they refered to it as a "catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1)"

Any idea on how to fix this, has anyone else gotten this code? Any help woulp be appreciated. Thanks.
    1997 3.8L Firebird<br />Mods: Tockico Shocks,Eaibach springs

Bad cat. Do you have a high flow cat, or the stock one? If you've got a stock cat, you're gonna need a new one. If it's a high flow cat, you'd be fine with an O2 simulator.

Edit: I see you're in California. You best bet is to just get your cat replaced with another stock one.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

to my knowledge, i think it still has the original cat. so its the cat that has to be replaced?
      1997 3.8L Firebird<br />Mods: Tockico Shocks,Eaibach springs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago
      • SixShooter'00Camaro
        Revival
        by SixShooter'00Camaro
        Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X