cracked rim!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked rim!!!!

So i got new tires put on about 3 weeks ago. And oen of them teh front right one keeps going flat so I brought it in to be chacked out ansit turns out I have a tiny crack in the rime which is letting air out. The employee says I need an entire new rim and I have the 17 inch c5 chrome rims so it won't be cheap. Do I really have to buy an entire new rim?? Oris dere soe way to fix this?
    1999 y87 a4, american thunder cat-back, 3.42 gears, headers, grey racing stripes, billet grill, 17inch c5 rims

no i think youll need to replace the rim.
    ive never heard of any ways around cracked rims.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I'd get a new rim, driving around on a "fixed" cracked rim would make me nervous.

Comment

Actually you could get the rim welded, it would still be just as safe. One of my rims is like that and I have been riding on it just fine for a long time!

Comment

yeah dude, you can get that stuff fixed for under 100 bucks and if you want it re-painted, this places offered to do that too for a total price of around 200. i had a bent rim fixed not to long ago and i was in their waiting room and looked at their price list. you could get a 26" crome rim with a crack fixed and re-chromed for under 300 :D

sure beats buying a new wheel.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i used to work at a tire place and we NEVER fixed or suggested fixing broken rims. we didnt sell stock rims, so we usually directed people to junkyards to get new ones. if you weld it, the crack isnt fixed. eventually, same as cracks in the windshield will keep going over time, that crack will go all the way around the wheel if you give it time, and then once a whole part of teh wheel is disconnected, and you hit a bump at 60 mph... i think i've made my point.
            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X