Cleaning EGR valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning EGR valve

I read up on old posts about this, and I did what was suggested. However, Im not sure I used enough of the cleaner, and I didnt acutally use seafoam, just an old can of carb and pcv cleaner. It didn't fix the SES problem (just the EGR valve), so Im not sure whether the age of the cleaner or the amount I used had anything to do with it, because I didn't use very much. I don't want to spend the $170 to replace it, but I thought I would check with you guys before I did anything else.

Re: Cleaning EGR valve

i've got an egr valve i'm selling right now. I'm assuming it works because after replacing it with a new one i'm still getting a random SES light. EGR's are bastards.

Comment

Make sure you check and clean the EGR passages, it may not be the valve itself. The light just indicates that there is a problem with the EGR system. Unless the code indicates specifically that the valve is not opening properly or something like that. Then you probably need a new one.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
        i've got an egr valve i'm selling right now. I'm assuming it works because after replacing it with a new one i'm still getting a random SES light. EGR's are bastards.
        Does the EGR valve comes with the metal pipe that goes to the manifolds or headers? If so, I would be interested on it. How much do you want?
        Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

buy a new egr valve, and save yourself the headache

i messed around with mine 100 times trying to clean it out and stop the ses light from popping up.. i finally just gave up and bought a used one IIRC kristen sold it to me

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X