General Info for Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Info for Newbie

I'm lookin at getting a 1996+ camaro rs 5 sp. I was wondering what these car's 0-60 time are. I've seen a bunch of posts saying that it's about 7.4 seconds, but is that for an auto or a manual? I'm looking at getting a v6 because it's still pretty fast and gets good gas mileage! Just wondering, what is the top speed of these cars?
    Thanks all,
    Chris
    P.S. CAMAROS ROCK [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
    1995 dodge avenger, looking for camaro rs

7 seconds is about right for a stock V6 Camaro. There is a speed limiter that keeps all our cars from going over 118mph. Hope this helps.

BTW welcome to the board [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
    New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
    RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
    crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
    The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

So it shouldn't be very hard to get into the six's? I'm more concerned with 0-60 than the quarter mile just for the fact that I normally don't go over 70.(normally)lol
      All I'm thinking about doing for now is a CAI, catback, and maybe headers. Anybody have an idea what kind of times that would bring me up to?

take care,
      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by '98 BlackBird:
        7 seconds is about right for a stock V6 Camaro. There is a speed limiter that keeps all our cars from going over 118mph. Hope this helps.

BTW welcome to the board [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
        Mine goes over 118...way over
        Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

How way over are we talkin about??

Comment

you must have had the speed limiter removed.
            New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
            RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
            crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
            The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

How did you have the speed limiter removed cass?
              what the crap were you doing going over 118 anyway???

The manual tranny and the 3.42 rearend geared auto will be about 7 flat 0-60'. the 3.08 geared is probably at least a half second behind.

as far as mods and 0 to 60, yeah, typical boltons will do you just fine.
              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

UMM... mine goes over 118 too. I've heard people mention that it's governed at 118 but mine cuts out just below 130(Came from the dealer that way)
                98 bird <br />160,000 miles<br />13\'s? Just happy it\'s starts every morning. <br /><br />Traded in @164,000 On a 2001 Formula

Comment

o' crap, here we go again with the limiters. all of ours cars are suppose to stop at 118 but some dont, by accedent or by reprogramming our computers
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Mine goes about 94mph.
                    <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

128 tops for me on My 97 rs, and my 01, bought that way, no mods. punishercb, buy the camaro
                      92 25th rally sport garage baby, 97 30th rally sport, 01 camaro garage baby. obsessive compulsive camaro fan. id rather push a camaro then drive a rice burner.

Comment

yeah, I'm definately buyin one, I'm just tryin to find a good deal. A guy I know has a license to buy at dealership car auctions. He might be able to find me a 5 sp camaro for under 3 grand!

btw, me and my buddy were arguing about whether 5sp v6 camaros can chirp their tires in 2nd gear(or spin 'em in that case,lol)

Peace,
                        Chris

Comment

check out easy mods in GHETTO MODS post, yes they can , especially in turns, with the ac on
                          92 25th rally sport garage baby, 97 30th rally sport, 01 camaro garage baby. obsessive compulsive camaro fan. id rather push a camaro then drive a rice burner.

Comment

I can chirp tires in my 5spd rather easily going into 2nd gear!
                            Stephen Cruikshank<br /><br />Selling some stuff so all I have left is the FRA, !MAF Screen, whisper lid, Holley PowerShot, 3\" catback, and 160* thermo on the car<br /><br />I Practice Street S.M.A.R.T.S. - do you?

Comment

I can chirp in 2nd, I've got a 3.4L
                              <b>1996 Camaro Z28 M6 Convertible</b> Not stock (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Wrecked, 3/4/06)</i><br /><b>1995 Camaro 3.4L</b> (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Sold, 8/05)</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X