stronger idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stronger idle

I just put in the RK sport lid and a K&N filter. after resetting the computer and driving around for like 20 miles I figured the car had adjusted to the new airflow rate. so i shut off the car, and went back to work [img]smile.gif[/img] (so esy to install, I did it on my break at work) when i started the car to go home, I noticed that the car was idleing at almost 1k rpm. I remember it idleing closer to 500 before. So my question is... is this normal? I mean I didnt do anything wrong, did I? any input would help. I am so nervous about installing/ changing stuff on my car. She's just too damn technical.

it may have not adjusted the idle fuel curves and is dumping a little too much gas into the engine causing it to idle slightly faster
    id say give it a week and see if it clears up, if not im not sure
    i do know that after burnouts my car idles fast...i think its just not cutting fuel just right
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Mine did, and still does the same thing after installing my K&N Fipk... the weird thing is the car will pull itself up real steep hills at idle after releasing the clutch! The K&N has over 7k miles on it and no change... tell me if you find a solution.
      97\' Red Camaro V6<br />::::Mods::::<br /> -Borla Single Cat <br /> -K&N FIPK<br /> -High Flow Cat<br /> -G2 Aluminum Drive Shaft (1 Peice)<br /> -G2 Trailing Arms<br /> -H&R Racing Springs<br /> -BAER Bump Steer<br /> -Bilstien Racing Shocks<br /> -Hurst short shifter<br /> -Eaton Posie Diferential<br /> -.373 Gears<br /> -NOS 85 shot<br /> -NOS Purge<br />(n/a) 1/8th Mile ET: 9.4 @ 81mph<br /><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/nitrous/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cox.net/nitrous/index.htm</a>

Comment

i like the sronger idle, it adds a little more rumble to the normally quiet red lights [img]smile.gif[/img] But I was just curious if it was normal... and from y'alls's experiences it is, so good! I'm just glad I have everything installed the way it should be. thanks guys!

Comment

What is a average idle for our cars. Mine has always idles at about 900 rmps and it has about 60K mile on it and its a 97.
          \"DRive it like you sTole it\"<br />RIP<br />Black 97 Camaro RS A4 (Y87)<br />3.42 LSD, Flowmaster exhaust(3in),<br />Slp Cold air intake Stage3 weight reduction (removed spare and jack)<br />\"Now a question of ettiquite, do I give you the *** <br />or the crotch?\" <br />~Tyler~ (FC)<br />!!!!NEW Ride Silver!!!! 03 WRX \"stock\"

Comment

mine did the same thing after the install, that's been two years ago. i was usuming that it was normal. i didn't complain she didn't break so we are happy! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
            98 camaro 3.8 (THE PUNISHER)<p>JET STAGE II/B&M SHIFT PLUS/TAYLOR WIRES/SLP LOUDMOUTH w-3\" s- pipe/SLP CAI/SS MESH GRILLE/160 STAT/DERALE OIL COOLER<br />FLEXALITE TRANS COOLER/ 3.42-ZEXEL-TORSEN/KONIG MONSOON & KUHMO TIRES/MANUAL FAN SWITCH/1le sway bars & poly/KYB AGX SHOCKS/H&R SPRINGS/LS1 ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT/rk sport headers<p>WAITING FOR INSTALL:ssm heads,cam,3 angle valves/trans go shift kit

Comment

I must be the low one. I have the lid/kn combo and I idle at a lowly 650RPM [img]smile.gif[/img] The only time my car sounds like a V8 since it's so low. :D Start turning the wheel hard (make the engine work...plus having the A/C on) drops it to 500RPM [img]smile.gif[/img]

On your high idle...don't worry bout it...like you said, it'll make it sound louder. ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X