Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I cool my TEMPer?

(was the title catchy?) :D

Ok, summer is approaching... in fact it was in the mid80s today!! Well, ive noticed my temp doesnt like to stay low anymore. Ive had a 160* thermo for a couple years, and over the past summers it did well, but I can tell that its not going to go so well this time. Already its climbed to the mid mark!! --it used to never do that.. even during the summer!!

1) is my thermo bad?
    2) do I need to do a coolant flush?
    3) if so, what do you recommend as far as coolant?

thanks!
    Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

check your pump, thermostat, do a collant flush, and add redline water wetter. I don't know what else to do besides that.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

MANUAL FAN SWITCH!!!! Thermo will not keep the car cool on its own and our fans do not kick on until 215* or the "mid mark" so the car will not cool down until then unless you are driving and a good air flow going through there :D

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: RedbirdV6 ]</p>
      97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

- just replaced my pump.

- already have the man. fan switch. it does work! but i hate that SES light!!!
        Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

Comment

SES light???

From what???

The manual fan switch doesn't cause the SES light to come on. You might want to get your codes scanned to see what that SES light is tryin to tell ya.
          Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

For coolant I highly recommend Prestone Dex-Cool. My baby stays nice and cool, just don't add any kind of stop leak. It makes your coolant all nasty and plugs everything. I've had bad experience's with it.
            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Drain the radiator once, fill with distilled water.... try that.

If no success, drain again, refill with water.

Don't overwater the coolant, but more will make it transfer much more heat until you can afford a larger radiator [img]smile.gif[/img]
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X