turn signal broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn signal broken?

My right turn signal no longer shuts off after I turn the corner, I have to manually shut it off..I've read that there is a piece that is probably worn down or broken...does anyone know what this piece might be or where I can buy it from?

I also heard I have to take apart the steering wheel...how hard would this be?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: turn signal broken?

i think its called a turn signal cam

Comment

Yup, signal canceling cam. Most places will not have this part - best bet would be from a dealer or possibly a car alarm installation garage; because thay are known to repair steering collumns that have been peeled from theft. If you have an airbag, i wouldn't recommend you do it yourself - I've heard horror stories of an airbag deploying during removel/install if you don't handle it correctly- my opinoin. Pick up a Haynes manual and check it out......

Comment

Might try pushing in on your turn arm to make sure it is in all the way, they twist and pop out and then just unplug to get the arm out so I would just make sure its in all the way first. I have seen how the columns will have to come apart, your better off buying a used column like i did off ebay for $85 shipped.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You can get the turn signal cancel cam from the local auto parts store.

You can remove the air bag yourself, it's easy. 4 screws in the back of the steering wheel. I think they are probably torx type screws. MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FIRST.

Comment

$6.70 at RockAuto.com.

Turn Signal Cam.

Comment

sweet, I'll order that along with my oil pan

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics