Clear side marker lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clear side marker lights

Hey TheGr8Schlotzky what bulbs did you go with for your fronts, considering that I have ordered clear front covers, but I was going to get smoked when I got halos. I wanted to know considering we both have black cars, and smoked corner lights.

Comment

For the main bulb in the front corners, I have silverstars, which give off a chrome/blue tint when they are off, and when lit up, emit a dark pure amber which I fell in love with. For the 194s on the sides of the front corners, I bought some of those inverted cone LEDs in amber. While the silverstar's amber is still a bit darker, the LED puts out a much better color than the amber bulbs I had in there previously.

this picture captured the blue tint very well when the bulbs are off (before smoking the corners)

and here is a shot with them on. You can also kind of see the difference in color between the LED and the silverstar. The LED is more yellow, whereas the silverstar is more red.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Since I can't find smoked rears for a 96 Firebird, only fronts, how did you smoke the clears? which I can find for both front and rear.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I just put a coat of VHT Niteshades on them, and then clear coat.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X