UPDATED: Hypertech Rev Limiter Issue - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED: Hypertech Rev Limiter Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATED: Hypertech Rev Limiter Issue

I'm going to be cut and dry with this.

No matter how I program it, for my 2002 M5, I cannot go past 5900RPM. She'll bounce til the cows come home off the stock redline even when supposedly set to 6500RPM.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I've been doing my testing in 2-3 and 3-4 gear shifts since the 00+'s have horrid tach lag in 1st gear.

[ May 21, 2003: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

yep same in mine wtf is the deal our are computers just screwed

Comment

hmm.. interesting.. i dont have a HPP.. but.. i am glad i dident cough up the money for one just yet..

Now that 2 people have the problem ite probably worth giving them a call.. and *****ing.. cause.. thats pretty wack.. good luck to both of you.. keep us posted..

~Billy

Comment

ttt
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

yep.. i had the same problem.. i got rid of that thing.. didnt make me any faster in the 1/4..
          2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

man this makes me even more excited when hypertech never comes out with a 96-97 programmer, man i would email those rotten bastages that isnt even right, as a matter of fact its false advertising saying their programmer can do something that it cant.
            Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

I just got off the phone with Hypertech and told them all the issues I had with it including the rev limiter issue.

He gave me an RGA # and Im sending it off tomorrow to Hypertech. What I need everyone to do is to call Hypertech at 1-901-382-8888 and tell them any problems you are having, especially this rev limiter problem, and get it fixed. The more people who report it, the better the case looks.

Thanks to everyone for your help in confirming this issue, I'll post back here later when I find out what the hell is going on.
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

:****on: hypertech.
                I demand L36 edit.
                -Rob
                <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Any other comments before I send this off? I'm sending the technician a letter along with this and I would like to include any input the rest of you have on this product. I'm steamed about it right now but I'm happy they are going to attempt to fix it. If it comes back still "non functional" I will be one mad hornet.
                  2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

I've had no problems [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

I have no problems with adjusting rev limiter (down)... I'm not crazy enough to raise it without the proper valve train mods. ;)

Then again, I have an M5 so it could be a tranny issue.
                      Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jason McCallister:
                        Then again, I have an M5 so it could be a tranny issue.<hr></blockquote>

Dominic has an M5 too.
                        <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

yeah.. thats the odd part.. i meen.. i would almost expect this from an auto.. but a manual??

maybe dominics car is just too dam slow? (kidding)

did they give you any kind of explanation dominic about what "could" be causing it?

~Billy

Comment

no problems with mine but mines an auto...

merlin
                            2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

I have an a4
                              I have no problems with my hpp3

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X