What can I get for my car that would be the biggest intial performace upgrade - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I get for my car that would be the biggest intial performace upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I get for my car that would be the biggest intial performace upgrade

Hey guys I am a new user to the site and I like what I see. Everyone hear seems to be a class act. I am 18 and jsut got a 99 3.8 Camaro about 2 months ago. I jsut put on a flowmaster 80series catback exhaust system and I also jsut bought Eagle 077 17" Wheels. I was wondering what should be my next upgrade and what should I get that gives me the most performance for my money. Thanks [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
    The mods: Flowmaster 3\" catback exhaust system, K&N Aircharger Intake Kit, Polished 077 Eagle wheels and more to come.

bang for buck, since you already have the cat back. Cold air intake. Doesnt really matter what kind. they all pretty much give the same gains, but you will notice the difference and its pretty good. not to mention it will make the catback sound pretty good
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.<br /><br />------------------------------<br />1997 Red Firebird with T Tops<br />Custom 3\" cold air intake <br />K and N filter<br />!maf<br />flowmaster 80 series catback<br />Accel 8.8 300+ spiral ferro wires<br />Bosch 2X platinum +4 \'s

Comment

With the cold air intake the exhaust sounds different?
      The mods: Flowmaster 3\" catback exhaust system, K&N Aircharger Intake Kit, Polished 077 Eagle wheels and more to come.

Comment

Yes, because you're packing in more air with the CAI. Some more inexpensive upgrades are a K & N air filter, replacing the silencer with a smooth intake bellow, and replacing or modifying the airbox lid. The underside of the factory airbox has ribs running down it that are restrictive to air flow. Most people buy a new one, but I really didn't want to blow $100+ for an airbox lid. So I just ground and sanded the factory lid. It's pretty much self-explanatory, but if you want instructions on how to do this, just email me or something. Hope this helps!
        2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

How do you replace the silencer with a smooth intake bellow and how do i go about this? And do you know anything about K&N's aircharger kit?

Comment

If you'll look directly behind your airbox lid you'll see a black box with 2 plactic "tacks" holding it in. That's the silencer (I think, my terminology may be off). Anyway, you remove that and simply replace it with the smooth bellow so the air flows directly into the intake.

When you say aircharger, I don't know if you mean the air filter or the CAI kit. If you're talking about the CAI kit....I don't know about the 99's, but they don't make them for a 2000. I got my CAI kit from SLP.
            2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

where can i buy the bellow to replace the silencer?

Comment

And do you reccomend to get a High Flow Catalytic Converter since i have the flowmaster catback?

Comment

I know SLP sells, them, but they are expensive compared to the ones you can find on Ebay. As a matter of fact, I found one just now. The item number is 2459893866. This is the one I have, and I got it from the same guy. The installation is a breeze, but if you need instructions he'll be more than happy to help you.

Comment

hey thanx i just placed a bid. Now will this still fit with the CAI?

Comment

Sure will. If you go with the SLP CAI, they don't get anywhere near each other. The CAI mounts under the airbox.

Comment

Sorry to bother you but i have another Question. What you think bout buying a Camaro Firebird Catco Catalytic Converter. There is one on ebay what do you think item # 2460858820

Comment

If it were me, I would look around some more. I've heard some bad things about Catco converters. I went with a Carsound with the 3" inlet and outlet, and I found it on Ebay.

Comment

I am gunna need a 3" cat since i have the flowmaster exhaust system right?

Comment

I think the Y-pipe going in to the stock converter is 3", then either a 2.25 or 2.5" coming out. I just got the 3" inlet, 3" outlet, and any half-a$$ muffler shop can adjust the stock pipes to fit the outlet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                7 hours ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X